Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another one bites the dust


The Sci Fi Lounge at Crestwood Art Space is officially closed forever.

Yet another fantastic venue here in town is gone. I hosted my monthly comics meetup, C4: Comic Creators Coffee Club, here for about a year. We loved meeting here, the fantastic ambience, the way owner Coyote went out of his way to welcome us. Not to mention that he joined us as well, since he's a comic artist himself.



I will miss you, Sci Fi Lounge. You introduced me to the weird, can't tear your eyes away from it, Indian sci-fi epic movie, Robot. I could always wander in on a Friday or Saturday night, and be assured of something fun and interesting to do -- a D&D night, themed movie night, a performance by local bands, Draw Club with sci-fi themed models, the list goes on.

Owner Coyote has said he's not planning to reopen in a new location. I can't blame him, he's not going to find rent as cheap as ArtSpace was offering anywhere else. I only hope in a few years, he might change his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment